- September 7, 2017
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Uncategorized
In Florida, an individual planning to open a pub or any type of establishment that sells alcoholic beverages is required to apply for a license. The Florida Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco Bureau of Licensing is responsible for accepting applications and dispensing the licenses.
Here is a general guide on how to get a Florida Liquor License:
1. Identify the type of license you need
There are more than 50 sub-types of licenses. You can get a license for selling beer, wine, liquor or all three types. There are licenses that allow patrons to drink on the premises or off the premises.
2. Fill outthe application form
Fill out all the required information in the application form. You can get an application form from the Divisions website, by visiting their office or requesting for a form to be mailed to you.
To fill out this form, you may need to answer the following questions or disclose the required information:
- What type of establishment do you own?
- Do you own or are you leasing the grounds where your business is on?
- Disclose the location of your business.
2. Submit the required documents
The type of documents you need to submit with your application will vary depending on the type of license you are applying for and your business type. Here are some of the documents you may need to need to submit:
- Zoning approval document.You can get this document from your local city zoning board.
- Health approval document. If you are running a food business, you can get this document from the Division of Hotels and Restaurants. For non-dining establishments, the document can be acquired from the Department of Health or the County Health Authority.
- Copy of your fingerprints.This can be acquired from PearsonVue. Simply attach the receipt with your other documents.
- Social Security Numbers of all individuals on the application form.
- Federal Employer’s Identification Number
- Certified copy of your arrest disposition. If you have a criminal background, you will need to submit this document. You may also have to submit a “Mitigation for Moral Character” form along with the document.
3. Make copies of your application
In some cases, you may need to send several applications before you get an approval. Having several copies of the filled-out form and the attached documents makes it easier to resubmit your application if needed.
4.Mail your application
It may take up to a year before you receive the approval of your application, depending on the county where you are applying from. If you want to start selling alcohol immediately, consider purchasing a temporary license. Once you get your Florida liquor license, you can start dispensing drinks at your establishment.