- August 24, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Uncategorized
There are many ways to become a licensed liquor dealer. If you wish to run your establishment or want to purchase a wholesale product, it may take a bit of research to find out which licenses are offered in the area. Here are some essential things you should know when trying to become a licensed liquor dealer in Pinellas County.
How Many Liquor Licenses There Are in Pinellas Country?
There are currently seven licenses available to people interested in owning a retail liquor business. These licenses will vary in price and what it takes to get them, but they are the basics that you should know. Here are the licenses offered:
- License number one is known as a General License. This license is usually reserved for local, state, and federal government operations. You do not need to have permission to sell alcohol in other states, but if you live in Pinellas County, you must have it. General licenses are suitable for both single-store operations and restaurant operations. To purchase this license, you will need to fill out an application with a set of requirements.
- The second license is called a Restaurant License. If you are planning on operating a restaurant in Pinellas County, this is the best option. A restaurant license requires a restaurant, a dining room, and some tables for seating. To get this license, you will also need to meet some requirements, like having a valid business license and proof of insurance.
- The third license is known as a Casino License. If you are looking to open up a casino or an amusement park in Pinellas County, this is the right one. A casino license requires you to own the property where you plan to conduct your casino and have a building permit to ensure that your permission complies with any requirements.
- The fourth license is known as a Private Club License. This type of license allows you to operate a club within a specific structure. If you wish to open up a bowling alley, you need this license, not for other businesses. The rules are the same, however, in that you must also be prepared to submit to some background checks and pay a fee.
- The fifth license is known as a Private Event License. This is for events such as proms, weddings, and other social functions. If you are going to hire your event venue for these occasions, you can buy a Private Event License to use as collateral. However, there is still a requirement that you have a licensed event planner on hand. This is the most popular type of license for people who plan on running an actual store for them.
- The sixth license is known as a Private Party License. This is perfect for weddings, bachelor parties, and other intimate gatherings. These licenses require that you have your location and have all of the equipment that you will need to run your store. They also require that you have at least three full-time employees that can work the register.
- The seventh license is called a Government’s Liquor Board. You will find these in most cities and counties around the country. These licenses only allow you to run liquor retailing on designated locations.
Lastly, you can obtain a Private Specialty License. This allows you to sell certain types of alcoholic beverages in your home or business, depending on what you purchase from your supplier and the laws surrounding the sale.
What Are the Other Options?
So, what if you don’t want to buy any of these? There is still another route to take when you’re looking to open up your bar or pub – buy a bar from someone already open.
You should always check with the local authorities before you start your own business and ask for a recommendation. But it may save you time and money if you choose to do so on the Internet.