There are different licenses you need to obtain if you’re launching a business and all of them come with a price. If your business would serve liquor, a liquor license is something you need to include in your budget for licenses because without this, you will not be able to include alcoholic beverages in your menu of offerings.
In Florida, there are different kinds of liquor licenses available; you may be surprisedat how varied the range of fees are, as well as at the fact that you also need to procure an alcohol bond, which will serve as a guarantee of your compliance with the state’s legislation in terms of selling alcoholic beverages.
To give you a better idea of the cost of the different classes of the FL liquor license, provided below is an easy guide that you can refer to.
- Beer and Wine and Liquor Licenses
You need these if your menu includes these three alcoholic beverages. The cost of licenses is dependent on the county in which your establishment is located, but generally, the costs for beer, wine and liquor licenses are as follows:
- $1,365, $1,170, $975, $643.50 and $468, for licenses 3PS to 3DPS of the Wine and Liquor Package Sales
- $1,820, $1,560, $1,300, $858, and $624, respectively, for licenses 4COP TO 8COP of the Beer, Wine and Liquor Consumption on Premises classification.
- Club and Special Licenses
Apart from the regular license for liquor and other alcoholic beverages, there are also club and special licenses that owners of certain organizations need to procure. Sporting or golf clubs, performing arts facilities, country clubs, and others that want to serve liquor need to pay the following fees:
- $400 for the Lodges and other Club License for Beer, Wine and Liquor Consumption on premises (11C)
- $1,750 for the Special Club License for Beer, Wine, and Liquor Consumption on Premises (11CS)
- $500 for the American Legion Club License for Beer, Wine and Liquor Consumption on Premises (11AL)
- $400 for the Performing Arts License for Beer, Wine and Liquor Consumption on Premises (11PA)
- $400 for the Private Golf Clubs License for Beer, Wine and Liquor Consumption on Premises (11CG)
- $624 to $1,820 for the Golf Clubs Open to the General Public Beer, Wine and Liquor Consumption on Premises (11 CG PC)
- $1,820 for the Caterer License for Beer, Wine and Liquor Consumption on Premises (13CT)
- $675 for the Race Track Caterer at Jai Alai, Dog and Horse Tracks License for Beer, Wine and Liquor Consumption on Premises (12RT)
There may be great discrepancies in the cost or fees for licenses, especially when you go to certain counties; this is because cost is always dependent on the size of the county. If you’re still confused about how much you actually need to pay for the license that applies to your business, do get in touch with a liquor license consultant who can better guide you in understanding these fees so that you can adequately prepare your budget.